FLAMEBACK LODGES – TUCKED AWAY, LIKE A SECRET
Flameback Lodges, Mudigere, Chikmagalur - the luxurious and secluded oasis - nestles in a green valley and is surrounded by the rolling Western Ghats of Chikamagalur district. Spacious and elegant villas, suites and cottages are tucked away in lush gardens, looking out across paddy fields onto a beautiful private lake. The proprietor's enthusiasm for birds inspired them to name each room in Flameback Lodges after one of the many varieties found within the sprawling 150-acre coffee estate. The all-inclusive Flameback Lodges has a rich and varied source of activities in the surrounding area, including treks in unspoilt forests and the cultural gems of Halebid and Belur.
Getaway to this exclusive and comfortable retreat, complimented with the very best of personal service, where you can do as little or as much as you want.
WELCOME TO FLAMEBACK LODGES – UNWIND, WORKOUT, PLAY OR SWIM, THE FREEDOM IS IN THE CHOICE
A SPACE OF YOUR OWN @ FLAMEBACK LODGES
Built in a rich traditional style, the private villas, suites and cottages offer modern comforts in the secluded beautiful grounds. Elegantly furnished with dark wood furniture and cool white interiors, each has an indulgent bathroom, a mini kitchen and a wide deck with breathtaking views over the lake. The villas and suites have attached living rooms and jacuzzis. Meticulous attention is paid to detail in every aspect of the guests’ services and facilities, with the aim of providing the ultimate in personal comfort and convenience.
All rooms have air-conditioning, and coffee- and tea-making facilities. There is a doctor on call, laundry services and the villas have fireplaces for the winter.
Inventory: Flameback Lodges has 03 paddy villas + 03 luxury villas + 02 suites
Paddy villas are ideal for a couple or a couple with an infant or a kid less than 05 years old. Paddy villas are more like studio accommodations & spacious!
Luxury villas / suites are ideal for families with grown up children as 02 extra beds can be placed in the living room which has an attached toilet.
Luxury villas have a fireplace, Jacuzzi & a living room with an attached powder room.
Suites are built in the main block which is close to the dining area & lobby of the resort.
FLAMEBACK LODGES – PASSIONATE ABOUT FOOD
At the heart of Flameback Lodges is the airy and comfortable dining area, with stunning panoramic views of the valley, forest and hills beyond. The promoters of Flameback Lodges are passionate about food and have researched traditional and local recipes, as well as cosmopolitan specialties, including delicious homemade breads. Savor the sumptuous buffet or cook your favorite recipe along with the trained chefs in the well-stocked kitchen. A wide range of beverages is also available.
SPABook a massage or relax in the Jacuzzi in the tranquil Robusta Spa. There are also two steam baths and invigorating ice showers.
POOLThe temperature-controlled swimming pool has spectacular views across the paddy fields to the Western Ghats. It is open from sunrise to sunrise.
GYMWorkout in the secluded, well-equipped gym with sweeping views over the coffee and cardamom estate. Free for guests.
INDOOR GAMESPlay pool, caroms, chess, darts and cards in the open sit-out lounge, overlooking the beautiful private lake.
EXPLORE THE RESORTThe surrounding area has a rich and varied choice of activities including – a guided trek through the coffee estate with its abundant birdlife; SUV or ATV’s to explore the waterfalls and mountains of Chikkamagalur; or visits to the superb temples of Halebid and Belur.
- Many spectacular waterfalls in the area at Manikyadhara, Kallathigiri, Shanti, Kadambi and Hebbe. 1½ -2½ hours drive from the resort.
- Mountain streams and pristine surrounding forests in the hill station of Kemmangundi. 1½ -2½ hours drive from the resort.
- Climb Mullayanagiri, the tallest peak in Karnataka at 1930 m (6317 ft.). 1½ -2½ hours drive from the resort.
- Safaris in Kudremukh National Park and Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, both Project Tiger reserves where the birdlife is excellent. 1½ -2½ hours drive from the resort.
- The private forests and estate around the backwaters of Bhadra dam. 1½ -2½ hours drive from the resort.
- The sculptural cream of the Hoysala period in the temples of Halebid and Belur are just 1½ -2½ hours drive away. Belur is 38 km and Halebid is 56 km from the resort.
- The ancient religious sites of Horanadu, Sringeri, Amritapura and Belavad Guru Dattatreya Bababudanswamy Darga. 1½ -2½ hours drive from the resort.
1) Paddy Villa:
Rs. 11,215 + Taxes of Rs. 1,051 per couple per day
Single occupancy: Rs. 7,500 per day + Rs. 702
2) Luxury Villa / Suite
Rs. 14,020 + Taxes of Rs 1,313 per couple per day
Single occupancy: Rs. 9,000 per day + Rs. 843
Extra bed: Rs. 5,600 + Taxes of Rs 392 / Person / day
Children: Complimentary stay for less than 5 years old
Between 5 to 12 yrs: Rs. 2,500 + Taxes of Rs. 234 / day
Between 12 to 18 yrs & above: Rs 3,500 + Taxes of Rs. 327 per day NOTE: The tariffs & taxes are subject to changes & changes will be notified as early as possible.
- accommodation as specified
- all buffet meals (Veg & Non Veg) (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks)
- fully stocked refrigerator with beverages
- health spa activities (Jacuzzi & steam bath)
- swimming pool
- Kayaking in the lake
- all terrain cycles
- plantation walks
- bird watching walks
- Jeep drives to Devaramane / Byrapura / waterfalls
- indoor games (snooker, darts, chess, carom,.....)
- satellite TV
Route: From Mangalore:
Mangalore - BC road - Belthangadi - Ujjire - Charmadi Ghhats - Mudigere Hand post - Flameback Lodges
Route: From Bangalore:
Bangalore - Kunigal - Hassan - Belur town - come straight towards Mudigere town - first left after "college of horticulture" (which is 3 kms before Mudigere town), also, at the signboard which says "Flameback Lodges" -- come straight for 08 kms & turn right into mud road going down at the second sign board of Kartikeyas coffee plantations - Flameback lodges !!!!